Bangladesh Wind Data Download
The modeled Bangladesh Wind Dataset created with the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model (www.wrf-model.org) contains data simulated between 12:00 AM UTC on 1 Jun 2014 and 23:00 PM UTC on 29 Dec 2017. Observational data (surface reports, radio-soundings, aircraft reports and satellite winds) from NCAR's ADP historical database, as well as nine local observation stations maintained by NREL, were assimilated with the Four-Dimensional Data Assimilation (FDDA) algorithm. CFSR data were used as boundary and initial conditions. The spatial resolution of the dataset is 3 km.
For more information about the data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a description of the downloadable data directories available via the Globus client.
- Direct Normal Irradiance (DNI)
- Global Horizontal Irradiance (GHI)
- Diffuse Horizontal Irradiance (DIF)
- Inverse Monin-Obukhov-length (1/L) (2m)
- Relative humidity (2m)
- Windspeed (heights of 10, 30, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160 and 200m)
- Wind direction (heights of 10, 30, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160 and 200m)
- Temperature (heights of 10, 30, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160 and 200m)
- Pressure (heights of 10, 30, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160 and 200m)
Installation Report (includes maps and photos)
Raw Data Zip File - One Minute Data
Raw Data Zip File - Ten Minute Data
Raw Data Zip File - Hourly Data
Data Summary Zip File- One Minute
Data Summary Zip File - Ten Minute
QAQC'd Data Zip File
Before You Begin
You'll need a Globus, Google, or ORCiD iD account to transfer data to your local machine. To create a Globus account, visit https://www.globusid.org/create.
Also, note you'll also need to install software locally if you have not used Globus before. More information on this can be found in step 2 below.
Transferring Bangladesh Wind Data
- Visit https://www.globus.org/, then log in with your preferred credentials.
- If you have not already done so, add your local machine as a Globus Connect Personal endpoint.
- Click Endpoints
- Click add Globus Connect Personal endpoint
- In Step 1 add a name for your local machine endpoint as the Display Name
- Click Generate Setup Key
- Choose the appropriate software to install on your local machine.
Note: Once the install is complete you'll need the Setup Key to activate the endpoint.
- Click Endpoints
- Navigate back to Transfer Files
- In the left-most Endpoint window, search for and add nrelgds#bangladesh_wind. You'll now have access to the data directories described above.
- In the right-most Endpoint window, search for your local endpoint. It may be found under the Administered By Me tab.
- Select the data Path to the left that you will transfer from Globus.
- Select the destination Path for the data on your local machine to the right.
- Below the Transfer windows, provide a label for the transfer.
- Click the right-most arrow at the top of the page to begin the transfer.